You’ll love this carrot cake loaf recipe that is soft and moist! It is so easy to make with simple ingredients. No mixer needed!
Today I share my favorite carrot cake loaf. It is perfect for teatime, breakfast or any time you want to eat a nicely spiced yummy treat.
This loaf is as deliciously soft and moist as my simple banana bread recipe and pumpkin chocolate chip bread. You don’t need a mixer to make this easy and delicious carrot cake that is baked in a loaf pan. I think we can name it as carrot cake bread as well.
Let’s start with the ingredients;
The Ingredients for Carrot Loaf
- Carrots–gives moisture besides being the star of this loaf
- All-purpose flour– gives structure
- Baking powder– works as a leavener
- Cinnamon and nutmeg-go perfect with carrots but if you don’t have nutmeg you can still make a delicious carrot cake with only cinnamon.
- Vanilla– I use vanilla extract. It enriches the flavor. If you have it I suggest you use it, if you don’t have, don’t worry, this loaf cake will be still yummy.
- Granulated Sugar-I use 155 grams(¾ cup) for 1 loaf. It is sweet and moist enough with that amount.
- Eggs-give structure
- Olive oil-gives moisture
- Walnuts-perfect in a carrot cake but you can replace them with pecans
How to Make Easy Carrot Loaf
First mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder (and salt if using) in a medium bowl and set aside.
Then roughly chop the walnuts into small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside.
Next, peel and grate the carrots. You’ll need two large or 4 medium carrots. It is 230 grams (2 cups). Set aside.
Then place the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and mix with a whisk until just combined for almost 30-45 seconds until combined.
Next, add the olive oil and vanilla extract. Stir with a whisk until just combined.
Add the flour mixture in batches. You can use a whisk in the beginning but continue with a spoon/spatula as it will make the mixing easier.
Then add the carrots and stir with a spoon/spatula. Mix in the walnuts.
The mixture will be sticky and a little thick. You can take help from a spoon to pour the batter into the loaf pan.
Let the carrot bread bake for 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean once inserted into the middle and the top is golden brown.
If you remove early, you can’t cut proper slices. If you over bake, the loaf will become dry. So you should watch your oven.
How to Store
You can keep in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature and up to 7 days in the fridge. You can freeze up to 3 months.
You should also check my apple cake loaf which is as delicious as this carrot cake!
If you are looking for bread with yeast instead of quick bread, don’t forget to check these yummy recipes:
I love hearing from you! If you try my Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe or other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- 190 g (1 cup and 5 tablespoons) all-purpose flour dip and sweep
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg*
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 155 g(3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 110 g (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 230 g (2 cups) grated carrots
- 60 g (1/2 cup) walnuts, roughly cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 1/2 * 4 1/2 inch (21,5*10,5cm) loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side. If you like, you can grease and flour the dish instead of parchment paper.
- Place the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder (and salt if using) into a medium bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the walnuts into small pieces with a sharp knife, set aside.
- Peel and grate the carrots, set aside.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a large bowl and mix with a whisk until just combined for almost 45 seconds.
- Mix in the olive oil and vanilla extract, stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and stir until just combined. You can use a whisk in the first batch but it will be easier to use a spoon/spatula in the end to mix easily.
- Add the carrots and stir with a spoon/spatula. Mix in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan with the help of a spoon.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean that is inserted in the center and the top is golden brown. After you remove the pan from the oven, leave in the pan until it cools completely, at least for 1 hour.