You’ll love this moist orange cake loaf that is so delicious and easy to make with only 6 ingredients! You can have this light cake as orange bread for breakfast or as a delicious afternoon tea snack.
Today I share my delicious orange loaf cake that is full of orange flavor. If you love recipes with orange you should definitely try this recipe. This cake loaf is just as soft and moist as my carrot cake loaf and apple cake loaf.
If you love orange chocolate combination, you should check my candied orange peels and chocolate orange cookies which are delicious and easy to make as well.
But today’s star is this refreshing orange cake. The ingredient list and ease of this recipe will probably make you bake this yummy cake immediately.
Ingredients you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities at the bottom of my post, in the recipe card.
- Flour-I use all purpose flour which gives structure to this cake.
- Baking powder-It works as a leavener.
- Orange– I use 3 medium-size oranges to get fresh orange juice and zest of 2 oranges.
- Sugar-I don’t use too much sugar to keep this loaf light.
- Egg-I use room temperature eggs.
- Butter-I use melted butter for moisture.
Step by step instructions
First I place the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir with a whisk. I set it aside.
Then I place the sugar and orange zest into a medium bowl and stir them. You can either rub with your fingers or use a fork to stir them.
Next I add the eggs and mix with a whisk. Once they mix well, I add the melted butter and orange juice and stir until combined.
Finally I pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a whisk until just combined.
I pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for almost 35-38 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once I remove the pan from the oven, I let the cake stay in the pan for 20 minutes. Then I place it on a wire rack to cool for 25 minutes. It will be ready to slice.
Frequently asked questions
After the cake is cooled for 1 hour, while it is still warm, you can keep in an airtight container. It stays fresh for 3 days at room temperature and 7 days in the fridge.
After this loaf cake is almost cooled, you can wrap it with a plastic film. Once totally cooled, you can cover the plastic film-wrapped loaf with aluminum foil or place in a freezer bag taking all the air inside. You can freeze for up to 3 months.
Cake Loaf- Quick Bread Recipes You May Enjoy!
Fruit Muffin Recipes You May Enjoy!
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Orange Cake Loaf
- 210 grams (1 and ½ cup) all-purpose flour, dip and sweep
- 2 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 18 grams (2 tablespoons) orange zest*
- 105 grams (½ cup) granulated sugar*
- 2 large eggs
- 115 grams (½ cup) melted butter
- 180 grams (¾ cup) fresh orange juice*, sieved
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 ½ * 4 ½ inch (21,5*10,5cm) loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
- Place the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir with a whisk. Set aside.
- Put the sugar and orange zest into a medium bowl and stir them either rubbing with your fingers or using a fork.
- Add the eggs and mix with a whisk until just combined. Mix in the melted butter and orange juice.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Bake for almost 35-38 minutes or until a toothpick that is inserted to center comes out clean.
- After you remove the pan from the oven, let the cake stay in the pan for 20 minutes and then remove from the pan and let it cool for 25 minutes on a wire rack. Enjoy!