This delicious peach bread is soft, moist and light. It is not only perfect for breakfast but also for afternoon tea or snack. This peach-packed recipe is so easy to make; no mixer needed!
I believe you’ll love today’s recipe if you enjoyed my peach bars with almond flavor. As many of my readers like those bars and I like the peach and almond combination a lot in general, I use them together in this peach cake loaf as well.
However, don’t worry if you don’t have almond extract, as this fresh peach bread is still delicious without it.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Peaches– I use 2 large peaches.
- Lemon juice-I use it with peaches. Even just a little bit of it, adds a fresh taste.
- Almond extract-It goes well with peaches but if you don’t have it, your peach loaf will still be delicious.
- All-purpose flour– It gives structure.
- Baking powder-It works as a leavener.
- Cinnamon-I use it in the dough. If you don’t have cinnamon, you can use vanilla extract for flavor. You can even use these two flavors together.
- Granulated Sugar–I use only ½ cup of sugar which makes this loaf sweet enough.
- Eggs-They give structure.
- Butter-I use melted butter which gives moisture.
- Milk-It gives moisture.
Step by step instructions
First I peel and chop the peaches into 0.4 to 0.6 inches (1 to 1.5 cm) cubes and place into a small bowl.
You can either use a vegetable peeler or use the blanching method. For the latter, you can check my how to blanch peaches post.
Then I add the lemon juice and almond extract, stir with a spoon. I set aside the bowl.
Next I place the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir with a whisk.
Then I put the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl and stir until just combined. I stir in the milk and melted butter.
Next I pour the wet mixture into flour mixture and stir with a whisk until just combined. Finally I add the peaches with all the liquid in the bowl and stir with a spoon until just combined.
I spoon the mixture into the loaf pan instead of pouring it so I know each spoon (I use a big spoon to make the process faster) has almost the same amount of peaches.
You should make sure that the peaches distribute evenly so each slice has enough peaches.
I bake for 44-48 minutes or until the toothpick that is inserted into the middle comes out clean.
I let it cool in the pan for half an hour and then place it on a wire rack to completely cool. You shouldn’t skip this step so you can cut proper slices.
How to store
After this peach quick bread is totally cooled, you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
About canned peaches
You can try this cake loaf with canned peaches. As canned peaches will be sweet, you should drain them first before using.
Other recipes with fruit
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Raspberry Streusel Muffins
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
Other cake loaf-quick bread recipes
- Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Marble Loaf Cake
- Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
- Apple Cake Loaf
- Simple Banana Bread
- Lemon Blackberry Bread
- Raspberry and White Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 2 large peaches (it is 300 grams after peeled and chopped)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon pure almond extract*
- 210 g (1 and ½ cup) all-purpose flour, dip and sweep
- 2 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 1 and ½ teaspoon cinnamon**
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 105 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 115 g (½ cup) butter, melted and cooled
- 120 g (½ cup) milk, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 ½ * 4 ½ inch (21,5*10,5cm) loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
- Peel and chop the peaches into almost 0.4 to 0.6 inches (1 to 1.5cm) cubes.*** Place the cubed peaches into a small bowl. Stir in the almond extract and lemon juice.
- Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt if using into a large bowl and stir with a whisk. Set aside the bowl.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a medium bowl and stir with a whisk for almost 30 seconds until just combined. Stir in the milk and melted butter.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir with a whisk until just combined.
- Add the peaches and stir with a spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf pan so you know the batter with peaches spread evenly into the pan. You would want peaches equally distributed so you can feel them in each slice.
- Bake for 44-48 minutes or until the toothpick that is inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for half an hour and then place on a wire rack to completely cool. This way you can cut proper slices.