These healthy apple oatmeal cookies are soft and so easy to make! They are vegan, gluten free and free of sugar.
When I crave sugar and I am on a diet, I like making these simple healthy snacks which are free of sugar and flour. They are soft and moist cookies, very filling and they satisfy my sweet tooth very quickly. I especially like them warm. When these cookies are out of oven, there is a little bit crispiness coming from the oats. Later the crispiness goes and they become all soft. So if you are looking for a crunchy cookie, you should know that these cookies will be soft. Apples keep these cookies soft and moist.
There is nothing fancy about these cookies. You’ll want to make them when you are on a diet as they very are filling and easily satisfies sweet tooth. You need sweet apples to make these cookies. Especially Gala apples are very sweet. I mix grated apples with oatmeal. I add peanut butter -although its taste is not distinctive in these cookies, peanut butter gives a good consistency to these snacks. After you eat 3 small cookies, you’ll want to stop and save others for later as they are very filling. You can add a pinch of salt and lemon zest which balances the sweetness too. But these are optional.
Ingredients of Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple (Gala or other Sweet Apples)
- Gluten Free old fashioned rolled oats
- Peanut Butter
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- Salt (optional)
How to Make Healthy Diet Apple Oatmeal Cookies with Step by Step Pictures
The steps are easy as mixing all the ingredients together.
First I grate 1 small lemon, it makes 1/2 teaspoon zest. Then I peel the apple and grate. I use 1 large apple. When I grate the apple, there will be some juice left. I don’t need this excess juice as the grated apples have already enough water to keep my cookies soft.
I place the grated apples, lemon zest and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Then I mix them and add the peanut butter. When you add the peanut butter now, it mixes easily. Finally I add the oats and mix well with a spatula.
Then I make 9 balls out of the mixture, flatten them and place them on the baking sheet.
Finally, I bake for almost 12 minutes, until the cookies change color and become firm.
That’s all! Enjoy your healthy cookies!
Healthy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 large Gala or sweet apple, peeled and grated
- 48 grams (1/2 cup) gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest , (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177C°). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Peel the apple and grate. When you grate the apple, there will be some excess juice left. Leave that juice as grated apple still have lots of juice and make these cookies soft.
- Place the grated apples, lemon zest and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl and mix. Add the peanut butter and mix again. Mix in the oats.
- Divide the mixture into 9 pieces, make balls and flatten them. Place them on the baking sheet. Bake for almost 12 minutes, until the cookies change color and become firm. Let them cool for 10 minutes after you remove them from the oven.