You need only 4 ingredients to make these delicious healthy no bake peanut butter bars. One little bite is enough to stop your sweet cravings!
Today I share my chocolate peanut butter no bake bars which take less than 10 minutes to prepare. When you want to eat something sweet you can make this healthier version of peanut butter bars.
I use my homemade peanut butter without any additives. You can check my how to make healthy peanut butter post to make it.
To make these bars, you’ll mix 3 ingredients in a bowl and add melted chocolate-peanut butter mixture on top. Seriously this recipe is that easy!
If you love my dark chocolate peanut butter cups, I am sure you’ll enjoy these chocolate peanut butter no bake bars as well.
The ingredients you’ll need
- Oat flour or rolled oats– You can use oat flour or simply ground rolled oats in a blender or food processor. It doesn’t have to be perfectly powdered for this recipe; it is fine if you don’t sift after you ground them.
- Peanut butter– I use my homemade peanut butter without any additives. If you won’t use homemade, try to get pure peanut butter without any sugar to keep these bars on the healthy side.
- Honey-I use honey but you can use maple syrup as a sweetener if you are vegan.
- Chocolate-I use dark chocolate to keep this recipe healthy. If you are not a dark chocolate fan, I suggest you try with 55% cocoa. I believe you’ll enjoy it.
I cut these healthy no bake peanut butter bars into small pieces as they are very filling. Both oatmeal and peanut butter are rich in vitamins and minerals. Honey is not a refined sugar but still high in sugar and calories. So keep this in mind.
If you want to eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter a day as recommended (Healthy Serving Size of Peanut Butter),you should consume 1 large bar or 2 small bars.
How to make chocolate peanut butter bars
If you are like me and melt the chocolate over bain-marie instead of melting in a microwave, place a saucepan that is filled with almost 2 inches (5cm) water over med-high heat. So while you are mixing the ingredients in the next stage, water will come to a simmer and you won’t need to wait between the stages.
I use the same bowl that I use to mix the ingredients while melting the chocolate. No need for an extra bowl. Keep in mind that the saucepan should be large enough to hold the heatproof bowl to create a bain-marie.
Now we can start to make the peanut butter bars.
First, place the peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon.
Next add the oat flour and stir.
Then spread the dough into the dish by pressing. It is easy to use your hands. If you prefer you can use a spatula but I don’t recommend a metal spoon as it sticks to the mixture.
During this time, the water you put over the heat will be simmering. You can put the chocolate and peanut butter into the same bowl you used in the previous step and put it over the saucepan. Then mix the chocolate and peanut butter with a spoon until melted.
Now you can pour the chocolate over the mixture. Shaking the dish is an easy way to spread the chocolate.
Keep the mixture in the freezer for at least for an hour so you can cut proper bars. Especially in the summer, you should take the bars from the freezer when you are ready to eat. They soften fast on hot days.
First I cut it from the middle horizontally and then cut into 5 pieces vertically. In total it makes 10 large pieces. If you like, you can eat them that way.
I like to divide each 10 pieces into 2. Even one small bite will stop your sweet craving. So it makes 20 small but thick slices.
I hope you enjoy these filling and healthy no bake peanut butter bars as much as I do!
How to store these no bake bars
You can store these bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month. Especially during the hot days, I prefer keeping in the freezer as they soften fast.
More peanut butter recipes you may enjoy!
- Frozen Banana Bites
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Bars
- 250 grams (1 cup) pure peanut butter
- 85 grams (¾ cup and 2 tablespoons) oat flour*
- 85 grams (¼ cup) honey (or maple syrup for vegans)
- 21 grams (1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon) pure peanut butter
- 120 grams (⅔ cup) chocolate 70% cocoa**, cut into small pieces
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9*5 inch (23*13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper. Set a side.
- If you prefer to make the chocolate topping with bain marie method, you can start by placing a saucepan that is filled with almost 2 inches (5cm) water over med-high heat. So the water will come to a simmer, when you finish the mixing part at the next stage.
- Put the peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Stir in the oat flour.
- Spread the dough into the dish using your hands or a spatula by pressing. Don’t prefer a metal spoon as it sticks to the mixture.
- By this time, the water will be simmering. You can make the topping. Place the chocolate and peanut butter in a mixing bowl (you can directly use the same bowl you used to make the bars if it suits for the bain marie) and put the bowl over the saucepan. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter by stirring with a spoon/spatula. Once melted remove from the heat and pour over the peanut bar mixture. Shake the dish to spread the chocolate.
- Keep in the freezer for at least 1 hour to cut the bars properly. You can cut it from the middle horizontally and then cut into 5 pieces vertically. This way it makes 10 large pieces. I prefer to cut each 10 pieces into half as 1 piece is very filling. In total it makes 20 small but thick pieces. Especially during the hot days, I prefer to keep these bars in the freezer as the chocolate melts fast and the peanut butter softens quickly.
Leave a Reply