You can stop your sweet cravings with these delicious and healthy 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls! These no-bake peanut butter energy bites are very filling and easy to make!
Today I share my delicious and healthy peanut butter oatmeal balls. They are gluten-free with gluten-free oats and can be easily vegan if you use maple syrup instead of honey.
You can make these snacks anytime. This recipe is as simple as mixing 3 ingredients in a bowl. If you tried and loved my healthy no bake peanut butter bars, I believe you’ll enjoy these energy balls as well.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Peanut Butter-I use natural peanut butter. If you like you can make your homemade version without any additives. You should check my how to make healthy peanut butter post for homemade version.
- Oatmeal-I use old-fashioned rolled oats. If you are gluten sensitive, you should check the label for gluten-free.
- Honey-I love peanut butter honey combination but if you are vegan you can use maple syrup.
How to make peanut butter energy bites
First I place the peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon.
Next I add the rolled oats and stir with a spoon/spatula until combined. I place the bowl in the freezer to let the mixture set(the bowl should be freezer-friendly) for 15-20 minutes. If you prefer, you can keep in the fridge for 30-45 minutes.
As these snacks are no-bake you can taste the mixture before you put it into the freezer to check if it is sweet enough to your taste. If not, you can add more honey/maple syrup.
Then I use my small cookie scoop that holds 2 teaspoons (15-17grams) to make balls. It makes 15 balls. I place the balls onto a parchment-lined small baking sheet and keep them in the freezer for 15 minutes to let them set.
I hope you enjoy these healthy 3 ingredient peanut butter oatmeal balls!
Frequently asked questions
You can store these balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to a month. I prefer to keep them in the freezer as they soften very fast.
If you like you can add ¼ cup chocolate chips or ½ teaspoon of cinnamon or ¼ cup of shredded coconut.
More peanut butter recipes you may enjoy!
- Frozen Banana Bites
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls
- 125 g (½ cup) natural peanut butter*
- 75 g (¾ cup and 1 teaspoon) old fashioned rolled oats**
- 42 g (2 tablespoons) honey or maple syrup if vegan
- Place the peanut butter and honey/maple syrup in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon/spatula until combined.
- Add the rolled oats and stir with a spoon/spatula until combined. Place the mixture in the freezer for 15 minutes before rolling into balls to let the mixture set.
- Make 2 teaspoon big balls (15-17 grams) out of the mixture and place on a parchment paper-lined small baking sheet or a plate. I use my small cookie scoop. Keep in the freezer for 15 minutes to let them set.