These delicious almond flour peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy in the middle, crispy at the edges. These easy gluten-free cookies take almost 15 minutes from start to finish!
Today I share my peanut butter cookies with my homemade natural peanut butter. These cookies are gluten-free as I use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour.
If you are looking for a delicious almond flour recipe, you should try these soft and chewy cookies. You can easily turn these cookies into almond flour peanut butter chocolate chip cookies by adding chocolate. You can find the information in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
I am planning to share more gluten-free recipes with almond flour. If you enjoy almond flour recipes, you should also check my almond pudding which is delicious and easy to make as well.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Almond flour-I use almond flour, blanched almonds. If you don’t have almond flour but only have almonds, you can learn how to make almond flour easily. If there are some very little amount of small almond pieces stay while you ground your almond, that’s fine. But those pieces shouldn’t consist the majority.
- Baking soda-works as a leavener.
- Peanut butter-I use natural peanut butter with no additives and with no sugar. If you like you can easily make your homemade peanut butter. You should use only peanuts. Don’t add any sweetener if you are making your homemade peanut butter.
- Butter-I use unsalted melted butter that gives moisture.
- Brown sugar-I use light brown sugar that helps for chewiness. You can easily make your homemade brown sugar if you have molasses.
- Granulated sugar-It helps cookies to spread.
- Egg-I use 1 large egg.
- Vanilla-I use pure vanilla extract.
How to Make Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Almond Flour
First I mix the almond flour and baking soda with a fork in a small-medium bowl.
Then I melt the butter halfway in a small pan at medium heat. I take it from the heat and stir until it is all melted.
Next I place melted butter into a medium bowl. I add the peanut butter and stir with a whisk.
Then I add the sugar and stir with a whisk. Next I stir in the egg and then add in the vanilla.
Finally I add the almond flour mixture and stir with a spoon until combined.
Then I take 1 and ½ tablespoon big pieces (30 grams) from the dough. I make balls out of them and place them onto the baking sheet.
I bake for 10 minutes or until the top of the cookies slightly set and the edges become golden brown. The cookies will be too soft to handle when you remove them from the oven. They’ll be firm as they cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this simple almond flour cookie recipe!
Frequently asked questions
How to store
You can keep totally cooled almond flour peanut butter cookies in an airtight container for up to a week at room temperature and for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Can I Freeze Unbaked Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to 3 months! If you want to freeze the cookie dough, you can roll the dough into balls and slightly press them before placing them into the freezer. Once you want to bake the cookies, as you preheat the oven, remove them from the freezer and bake as the recipe states.
Other gluten-free recipes you may enjoy!
- Almond Date Balls
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Flourless Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies
- How to Make Dried Apples
- How to Make Dried Bananas
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- 170 g (1 and ¾ cup) almond flour*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 75 g (⅓ cup) unsalted butter (melted)
- 160 g (⅔ cup) pure peanut butter**
- 110 g (½ cup) light brown sugar***
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the almond flour, baking soda and salt if using in a small-medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Melt the butter halfway in a small pan over medium heat. Take from the heat and stir with a fork/spoon till melted.
- Place the melted butter and peanut butter in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk.
- Add the sugar and stir with a whisk until combined. Mix in the egg and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the almond flour mixture and stir with a spoon.
- Make 1 and ½ tablespoon big balls (almost 30 grams) out of the dough and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies slightly set on top and the edges become golden brown. Cookies will be too soft when you rempve them from the oven but they will be firm once cooled on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.