You’ll love this pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe that is deliciously moist and easy to make! It is perfectly spiced with Fall flavors.
When you want to make an easy Fall treat, you can make this pumpkin chocolate chip bread that is full of Fall spices. If you love my simple banana bread recipe, I am sure you’ll love this pumpkin quick bread as well.
You’ll mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another bowl and pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Seriously this bread is as simple as it sounds.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chocolate Bread
- Pumpkin puree-I use pure pumpkin puree without sweetener.
- All-purpose flour-gives the structure
- Sugar-I use granulated sugar.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves-All these Fall spices make this bread delicious.
- Melted butter-gives moisture
- Eggs-both give structure and moisture.
Why You Should Try This Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- This pumpkin bread is so delicious with all different Fall spices.
- This recipe is so easy to make, no mixer needed.
- It is soft and moist.
- This homemade pumpkin bread loaf is a perfect combination of pumpkin and chocolate chips.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread
You can keep the pumpkin bread in an airtight container up to 2-3 days at room temperature and up to a week in the fridge.
If you want to freeze this quick bread, first cover with a plastic film and then with aluminum foil. Alternatively, you can place it in a freezer bag and take all the air inside. If you choose to freeze, it is better to slice them before so they can thaw quickly when needed.
How to Make Pumpkin Bread
First I mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
Next, I whisk the egg and sugar in a medium bowl for almost 20-30 seconds until just combined.
Then I mix in the melted butter, add the pumpkin puree and stir until combined well but I don’t overmix.
I pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until combined without overmixing.
Finally, I fold the chocolate chips into the mixture with a spatula.
I pour the mixture into the loaf pan and add some extra chocolate chips on top(optional). Then I bake for almost 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean with few moist crumbs.
After I remove the pan from the oven, I leave it to cool completely on a wire rack in the pan. Then I cut with a serrated knife into slices.
You should also check my Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe that is deliciously soft and moist as well!
Other Fall Treats You May Enjoy!
- Apple Pie Bars Recipe
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- Soft Cinnamon Cookies
- Apple Crisp Cookie Cups
- Easy Apple Crumble Recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 230 g (1 and 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep)*
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves**
- 1/8 teaspoons ground allspice**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 210 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 115 g (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 340 g (1 and 1/2 cups) pure pumpkin puree
- 130 g (4.6 oz) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 1/2 * 4 1/2 inch (21,5*10,5cm) loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side. If you like, you can grease and flour the dish instead of parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt if using in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the egg and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk for almost 30 seconds until combined. Mix in the melted butter. Add the pumpkin puree and stir until mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Don’t overmix. Fold the chocolate chips into the mixture with a spatula. If you like, you can sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top.
- Place the mixture into a loaf pan. If you like, you can sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for almost 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean with few moist crumbs.
- When you remove the pan from the oven, let the pumpkin bread cool completely on a wire rack in the pan. Slice when completely cools.