You’ll love these cinnamon sugar muffins that are delicious and easy to make with few simple ingredients. These cinnamon muffins take less than 30 minutes from preparing and baking!
These simple cinnamon vanilla flavored muffins are not only delicious but they are so easy to make with few ingredients without a mixer.
Ingredients you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities at the bottom of my post, in the recipe card.
- Flour-I use all purpose flour. It gives structure.
- Baking powder– It works as a leavener.
- Cinnamon– I use both for the batter and cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Nutmeg-It goes very well with cinnamon. I use in the batter.
- Eggs-They give structure.
- Sugar-I use granulated sugar.
- Butter-I use melted butter for moisture.
- Milk-It gives moisture.
- Vanilla-I use pure vanilla extract which goes perfect with cinnamon. If you have made my soft cinnamon cookies, you know how good the combination is. It is same for these cinnamon muffins.
Step by step instructions
First I place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl and stir. I set aside the bowl.
Next I stir the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl for almost 20 seconds until combined.
Then I mix in the vanilla extract, milk and melted butter.
Next, I pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
I divide the batter into 12 cup muffin tin. First I fill each cup with 3 tablespoons of batter and then divide the excess batter among the cups.
Finally I bake for 14 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean that is inserted in the middle. You can check at 13 minutes as it may change from oven to oven.
I let the muffins stay in the pan for 5 minutes before starting to make the cinnamon sugar.
To make the cinnamon sugar, I place granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Then I stir to combine well.
First I dip the top of the muffins into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar.
I hope this cinnamon sugar muffins recipe will be a family favorite soon!
You can store these cinnamon muffins without dipping them into melted sugar and cinnamon sugar at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days and in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can store cinnamon sugar-covered muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
Cinnamon Muffins Batter
- 280 grams (2 cups) all-purpose flour, dip and sweep
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 150 grams (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 180 grams (¾ cup) milk, room temperature
- 115 grams (½ cup) unsalted butter, melted melted*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 28 grams(2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375°F(190°C). Line 12 non-stick standard paper liners into regular size 12 cup-cupcake/muffin pan and set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt if using in a large bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Put the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk for almost 20 seconds until combined. Mix in the melted butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Don't overmix so you'll have light muffins instead of dense ones.
- Divide the batter in 12 cup muffin tin. It makes just a little more than three tablespoons for each cup.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until a toothpick that is inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins stay in the pan for 5 minutes before making the cinnamon sugar.
- If you haven't melt the butter while melting it for the batter, you can melt it now.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon into medium bowl and stir with a spoon/fork until combined well.
- First dip the top of the muffins into the melted butter and then cinnamon sugar.