You can make easy cinnamon cookies with only 4 ingredients! It’s fun to make these crunchy cookies with kids!
Today I want to share my easy cinnamon cookie recipe with you. If I want to eat a delicious crunchy cookie with cinnamon flavor, this is the cookie I make: easy cinnamon shortbread cookies. You can come up with a perfect result with only four ingredients: flour, butter, sugar and cinnamon.
When the cookies are in the oven, you love the smell of the cinnamon that fills your home. You will start to count the minutes to eat. But you should wait for 10 minutes after you take them from the oven as they continue cooking and become crunchy.
If you want to make cookies with your kids, this is the recipe. You can have fun with them without any chaos in the kitchen.
This cookie has become one of my niece’s favorites and recently she has made it by herself.
Below you can see how she has made it!
How to Make Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies with Step by Step Pictures
First she mixes flour and sugar and then she adds ground cinnamon and mixes well. Later she adds the butter and kneads the dough with her hands until all becomes together. That’s all!
When the dough becomes together and you are able to roll the dough into a ball -as my niece shows below, it is time to stop kneading.
So just mix the sugar, flour, cinnamon and add the butter. Your dough is ready!
There are 3 steps: rolling the dough into balls, flattening them and giving shape with a fork.
First you should roll the dough into 25 grams balls (a little bit more than 1 tablespoon). Alternatively, you can divide the dough into 22 pieces and roll them into balls as this recipe makes 22 cookies.
Then in the second step you should press the balls preferably with a back of a measuring cup or flat-bottomed glass to have an even flatness. Don’t forget to put a parchment paper on the dough so the glass or measuring cup won’t stick to the dough. You can flatten them with the palm of your hand too.
Finally, press the dough with a fork. I don’t want too thick cookies so I use the fork in the third step instead of second.
After all these steps, your dough is ready to bake. Bake for 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown. After 12 minutes it is better to check the oven. Later you should let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. After cooling, they will become crunchy.
Finally, grab a glass of milk and enjoy your cookies! 😉
If you like shortbread cookies, you should check my other variations:
4 Ingredient Easy Cinnamon Cookies
- 280 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep)*
- 185 g (¾ cup and 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter,** at room temperature, cut into cubes
- 105 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon***
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Put flour and sugar in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Add ground cinnamon and mix until combined well.
- Add butter to the flour mixture and knead well until the dough becomes together.
- Take small pieces (25grams- a little bit more than 1 tablespoon can take) of the dough and roll them into balls. Alternatively, as this recipe makes 22 cookies, you can divide the dough into 22 pieces and roll them into balls. Press the balls preferably with a flat-bottomed glass or a measuring cup to flatten them evenly or with the palm of your hand and finally give a shape with a fork.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to completely cool. They will be crunchier as they cool. When they are cool, store the cookies in an airtight container to keep their freshness.