You’ll love this easy blondie recipe with white chocolate and cranberries. These blondies are soft, moist and chewy. No mixer needed!
Today I am sharing white chocolate and cranberry blondies. I wanted to share a blondie recipe and this holiday season inspired me to use cranberries.
I prefer to use fresh cranberries to balance the sweetness of these blondies. First I tried these blondies with dried cranberries and I think they are more delicious with fresh ones.
Before the ingredients and how to make a blondie recipe, let’s start with what blondies are.
What are Blondies?
You can think blondies as a blond version of brownies. They are moist and they have a crinkly top just like brownies.
Blondies are made with brown sugar whereas classic brownie recipe uses granulated sugar. Blondies don’t contain melted chocolate or cocoa unlike brownies. Instead, blondies contain vanilla. Brown sugar and vanilla are the main ingredients of the blondies. If you don’t have brown sugar, you can learn how to make brown sugar at home.
If you are looking for a delicious brownie recipe, don’t forget to check my chocolate fudge brownies.
Why You Should Make These Blondies
- They are very delicious and easy to make.
- Perfect as a simple holiday dessert.
- It takes almost 40 minutes from start to finish: 15 minutes for preparation and 25 minutes for baking
- You can change the add-ins to your taste and easily customize the recipe.
- No mixer needed!
Ingredients for Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
- All-purpose flour-I use just enough flour to give structure
- Butter-I use melted butter that gives moisture (You may notice that my recipe has less butter than usual blondie recipes but it is still buttery enough).
- Sugar– I use a combination of dark brown sugar and granulated sugar. Dark brown sugar makes these blondies chewy and gives its distinct flavor due to molasses it has. I use more dark brown sugar and less granulated sugar to keep chewiness. I tried it with all light brown sugar, it wasn’t that chewy but the distinct flavor was there. Also, I tried it with all dark brown sugar, the flavor was too strong so I use a combination of dark brown sugar and granulated sugar which works perfectly.
- Vanilla-I use pure vanilla extract.
- Egg-1 large egg is enough for 8*8 pan.
- Cranberry– I use fresh cranberries which are tangy that go well with the sweetness of the blondies. You can use dried cranberries but my preference is fresh ones in these blondies. If I was making this recipe in the summer I’d use raspberries.
- White Chocolate-It goes well with cranberries but if you like you can use semi-sweet chocolate or preference of yours.
How to Store Blondies
You can store cooled blondies in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature, up to a week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Make Blondies
First I place flour and salt in a medium bowl, stir and set aside.
Next, I place the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter in a medium-large bowl and mix until combined. I add the egg, mix until combined. After I mix in the vanilla extract.
I add the flour in 2 batches and stir until combined. Then I add the white chocolate chunks and cranberries into the mixture and fold with my spatula.
I pour the mixture into the pan, spread with my spatula and bake until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. There can be few moist crumbs which are fine.
I wait at least 40 minutes before cutting into slices so it can continue to set in the pan. If you like you can let it cool completely but they are very delicious when they are warm too.
Enjoy your easy blondies!
If you like blondies, don’t forget to try my apple blondies!
Other Holiday Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Candied Almonds
- Chocolate Candy Bark with Nuts
- Chocolate Dipped Candied Orange Peels
- Sesame Candy
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
I love hearing from you! If you try my Easy Blondie recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Easy Blondie Recipe
- 140 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75 g (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, melted**
- 110 g (½ cup packed) dark brown sugar
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 70 g (⅔ cup) fresh cranberries
- 60 g (⅓ cup and 1 tablespoon) white chocolate, roughly chopped or white chocolate chunks/chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F(165°C). Grease 8 inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
- Mix the flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter in a medium-large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the egg, mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour in 2 batches and stir until combined.
- Fold the white chocolate and cranberries with a spatula and pour the mixture into the dish, spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (few moist crumbs are fine).