These delicious cranberry white chocolate blondies are soft, moist and chewy. You can make this easy blondie recipe in almost 45 minutes from start to finish! No mixer needed!
If you are looking for a perfect fall dessert and love blondies, you should try these white chocolate cranberry blondies that are delicious and easy to make!
This simple recipe is perfect for the holiday season.
What are Blondies?
We can say blondies are a blond version of brownies; they are soft, moist and chewy bars.
Blondies are made with brown sugar whereas classic brownie recipe uses granulated sugar.
Blondies don’t contain melted chocolate or cocoa, unlike brownies. Instead, blondies contain vanilla. Brown sugar and vanilla are the main ingredients of the blondies.
If you don’t have brown sugar, you can learn how to make brown sugar at home by checking my how to make brown sugar post.
I want to note that if you are looking for a delicious brownie recipe, don’t forget to check my brownies without cocoa powder. This is one of the most popular recipes on my blog.
If you can’t decide between brownies and blondies, you should make my brownie blondies recipe which is a mixture of brownie and blondie recipes.
Ingredients you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities at the bottom of my post, in the recipe card.
- Cranberries– I use fresh cranberries which are tangy and balance the sweetness of the blondies. You can use dried cranberries but my preference is fresh ones in these blondies.
- White Chocolate-I roughly chop white chocolate and use. If you like you can use white chocolate chips or chunks.
- All-purpose flour-I use just enough flour to give structure.
- Salt-It balances the sweetness.
- Butter-I use melted butter that gives moisture. You may notice that my recipe has less butter than usual blondie recipes but it is still buttery enough.
- Sugar– I use a combination of dark brown sugar and granulated sugar. Dark brown sugar makes these blondies chewy and gives their distinct flavor due to the molasses it has. I use more dark brown sugar and less granulated sugar to keep chewiness. I tried it with all light brown sugar, it wasn’t that chewy but the distinct flavor was there. Also, I tried it with all dark brown sugar, but the flavor was too strong so I use a combination of dark brown sugar and granulated sugar which works perfectly.
- Vanilla–I use pure vanilla extract.
- Egg-1 large egg is enough for 8*8 pan.
You may notice that I don’t use baking powder so these blondies won’t be thick. I love the texture this way. But if you prefer to add, you shouldn’t exceed ½ teaspoon. I include this information below in the recipe card.
Step by step instructions
First I place the flour and salt in a medium bowl, stir and set aside.
Next, I place the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter in a large mixing bowl and mix until combined. I add the egg, mix until combined. Then I mix in the vanilla extract.
I add the flour in 2 batches and stir until combined. Then I add the white chocolate and cranberries into the mixture and fold with my spoon/spatula.
I pour the mixture into the pan, spread with my spatula and bake until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. There can be a few moist crumbs which are fine.
I wait at least 40 minutes before cutting into slices so it can continue to set in the pan. If you like you can let it cool completely but they are very delicious when they are warm too.
Enjoy these blondies with cranberries and white chocolate!
You can store cooled blondies in an airtight container up to 3 days at room temperature, up to a week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
If you like blondies, don’t forget to try my apple blondies!
Other Holiday Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Candied Almonds
- Chocolate Candy Bark with Nuts
- Chocolate Dipped Candied Orange Peels
- Sesame Candy
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
I love hearing from you! If you try my Easy Blondie recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies
- 140 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour, dip and sweep
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 75 grams (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, melted*
- 110 grams (½ cup packed) dark brown sugar**
- 50 grams (¼ cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 70 grams (⅔ cup) fresh cranberries
- 60 grams (⅓ cup and 1 tablespoon) white chocolate, roughly chopped or white chocolate chunks/chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F(165°C). Grease 8 inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
- Mix the flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar and melted butter in a medium-large bowl and stir with a whisk until combined.
- Add the egg, mix until combined. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour in 2 batches and stir until combined.
- Fold the white chocolate and cranberries with a spoon/spatula and pour the mixture into the dish, spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean (a few moist crumbs are fine).
Update Notes: I originally shared this recipe on Nov 29, 2019. Today I republish it with extra information.
Leave a Reply