You’ll love this soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe that is delicious and easy to make! No mixer is needed to make these simple chocolate chip cookies.
Today I share my chocolate chip cookies from scratch that are soft, moist and chewy. You don’t need to chill the dough and it takes almost 8-9 minutes to bake. These cookies are as easy as to make my delicious no mixer needed chocolate cookies with cocoa powder.
Let’s see the ingredients you’ll need to make homemade chocolate chip cookies.
The Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- All-purpose flour-gives structure
- Brown Sugar-To make a chewy cookie we need a moist cookie. Brown sugar is made of molasses and molasses is hygroscopic-which means it absorbs moisture from the air so the cookies will be moist even after baking. If you don’t have brown sugar you can easily make your homemade brown sugar.
- Granulated sugar-Helps the cookies to spread.
- Baking soda-leavener, reacts with brown sugar
- Cornstarch-makes these cookies soft
- Butter-I use melted butter that helps for moisture.
- Egg-gives structure
- Vanilla-I use pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chips-I use mini chocolate chips. You can use a mixture of chocolate chips and chunks as well.
How to Make Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
First I mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
Then I melt the butter halfway over medium heat. Once halfway melted, I remove the pan from the heat and stir the butter with a fork until totally melted. This way the butter cools quickly so it doesn’t cook the egg when they meet.
I place the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a medium-large bowl and mix until combined.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can keep these chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to a week and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you want to make the cookie dough ahead, you can keep the well-wrapped cookie dough in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you want to freeze the cookie dough, I advise you to roll the dough into balls before placing them into the freezer. When you are ready to bake, you can let them come to room temperature and bake as the recipe states.
Do you prefer making a cookie cake instead of rolling the dough into balls? Then you should try my easy chocolate chip cookie cake!
Other Delicious No-Mixer Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Soft Cinnamon Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Double White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 220 g (1 and 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep)*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 115 g (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 110 g (1/2 cup packed) light brown sugar
- 50 g (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 130 g (3/4 cup) chocolate chips or a mixture of chocolate chips and chocolate chunks
- some extra chocolate chips for decorating (almost 10 grams)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F(165°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt if using in a medium bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Melt the butter halfway in a small pan over medium heat. Remove from the heat and stir until it is all melted. Set aside to cool.
- Place the sugar in a big bowl and add the butter, mix well. Then add in the egg and stir until combined. Don't overmix. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in 2-3 batches and stir with a spatula until all combined well. Don't overmix.
- Roll the dough into 40 gram (2 tablespoons) balls, and place them on the baking sheet. Add the extra chocolate chips to decorate.
- Bake for almost 9 minutes or until the cookies are slightly set. Check the oven after 8 minutes. The top of the cookies will be soft but not wet. These cookies will be too soft to handle when you remove from the oven but they’ll be firm as they cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.