How to Make Cinnamon Sugar
You can use my cinnamon sugar ratio to use in your delicious recipes as a filling or a topping! You can also flavor your coffee with this delicious blend.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 24 grams (3 tablespoons) ground cinnamon
- 210 grams (1 cup) granulated sugar
Place the sugar and cinnamon into a bowl or into a container you’ll use. Mix with a fork or a small whisk. If you are mixing in a small jar, make sure to stir from the sides so there won’t be any unmixed part.
Keep in an airtight container at room temperature in a cool, dark place. Take a note of the expiration date of the ingredients so you’ll know when your cinnamon sugar will expire.
- If you are not using any cinnamon in a recipe other than cinnamon sugar, I don’t suggest lowering the cinnamon ratio so you can feel the cinnamon properly.
- If you are making muffins, donuts or other desserts and you already have cinnamon in the dough, you can change the ratio while covering them with cinnamon sugar to 1:8 or more depending on how much cinnamon you are using in the batter. You should take my ratio as a base and increase/decrease as you like depending on the situation.