Pumpkin Spice Cookies
These homemade pumpkin cookies are soft and moist. They are delicious and easy to make!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 20 cookies
- 235 g (1 and 2/3 cup) all-purpose flour, dip and sweep*
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 115 g (1/2 cup) melted butter
- 75 g (1/3 cup) brown sugar
- 85 g (1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon) granulated sugar
- 110 g (1/2 cup) pure pumpkin puree
Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
Place the flour, pumpkin spice, ground cinnamon,cloves if using, baking soda and baking powder in a med-large bowl. Set aside.
Mix the melted butter, brown and granulated sugar in a medium bowl with a whisk. Mix in the pumpkin puree and stir until combined.
Add the butter mixture into flour mixture in batches. First you can mix with a whisk. Then gently stir with a spatula. Don't overmix.
Take 1 and 1/2 tablespoon (30 grams) large balls from the dough and place them on the baking sheet. Make nice balls out of them(so they can be nicely rounded cookies once baked) and flatten the balls with your palms as these cookies won't spread if you bake them in balls.
Bake for 7 and 1/2 minutes or until the top of the cookies slightly set but still soft and the edges are lightly brown.
Remove from the oven let the cookies set on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring them on a wire rack.