You’ll love this strawberry crumble recipe which is a delicious and easy dessert with fresh strawberries and a mixture of oatmeal and flour topping.
Desserts with crumbles are definitely one of my favorites. I try to use them as much as I can in my recipes.
But I don’t use crumbles only in a crumble recipe. I love to top my bar recipes and muffins with crumbles.
If you would like to check, I have a full category that shows my crumble recipes.
Today’s recipe has very simple 6 ingredients. There are two extra optional ingredients that I’ll mention below with all the ingredients I use and why I use them.
Ingredients you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities at the bottom of my post, in the recipe card.
- Strawberries– I use fresh strawberries.
- Flour-I use all purpose flour to thicken strawberries and to make the crumbles.
- Sugar-I use granulated sugar to add to the strawberries and to make crumbles.
- Vanilla extract-I use pure vanilla extract.
- Almond extract-I love the combination of strawberry and almond. But if you don’t prefer using it you can leave it out, this recipe will still be delicious. This ingredient is optional. You can see me using this combination in my strawberry crumble cake.
- Oats– I use rolled oats along with flour while making the crumbles.
- Butter-I use unsalted melted butter for the crumbles.
- Almond Slices-This ingredient is optional as well. As I mentioned above, I love the combination of almonds and strawberries. You can also see me using this combination in my strawberry mousse without gelatin recipe.
Step by step instructions
I start with washed and dried strawberries. First, I cut top of them.
If I use medium size strawberries, I divide them in half. If they are large strawberries I cut them into three. If I use small strawberries, I keep them as they are. I place them into a medium bowl.
Then I add the vanilla extract, almond extract (optional) and stir with a spoon/spatula. Next, I mix in the flour and sugar.
I place the strawberry mixture into a greased 8-inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish.
Then I prepare the crumble mixture by stirring oatmeal, flour and sugar in a small-medium bowl. I pour the melted butter on top and stir with a spoon/spatula.
Next, I place the crumble mixture over the strawberry mixture. I slightly press the mixture so they stick to the strawberries.
As almond slices (optional) are very fragile, I add them later to the crumble mixture by simply spreading them evenly.
I bake for almost 45 minutes until the strawberries are bubbling from the sides and the crumbles are golden brown.
Before I serve, I let it cool for 10 minutes. This strawberry dessert is delicious with vanilla bean ice cream.
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry crumble with oats!
You can keep cooled and covered strawberry crumble in the fridge for up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer. You should thaw overnight in the fridge.
Strawberry Crumble Recipe
- 720 grams (5 cups) strawberries*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 20 grams (2 tablespoons) all purpose flour
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 65 grams (⅔ cup) rolled oats
- 70 grams (½ cup) all purpose flour, dip and sweep
- 70 grams (⅓ cup) granulated sugar
- 75 grams (⅓ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 20 grams (¼ cup) almond slices, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Cut the top of the washed and dried strawberries. Place the strawberries into a medium bowl. Mix in the vanilla extract and almond extract (if using). Add the flour and sugar, stir with a spoon/spatula.
- Place the strawberry mixture into the baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the flour, oats and sugar in a medium bowl. Pour the melted butter and stir with a spoon.
- Place the crumbles over the strawberry mixture. If using, spread the almond slices on top.
- Bake for almost 45 minutes or until the strawberries are bubbling from the sides and the crumbles become golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. You can serve it with vanilla ice cream.