These triple chocolate chip cookies are soft in the middle, crispy at the edges. I use white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips together. When you crave chocolate, you can eat these delicious, slightly chewy, soft & crispy triple chocolate cookies.
You will need these triple chocolate cookies when you are craving chocolate. I made these cookies at such a time.
But there may be times where you won’t have any chocolate. My chocolate cookies with cocoa powder recipe which doesn’t contain any chocolate- but cocoa powder- is perfect for those times. Those cookies take away your craving with just one bite just like my triple chocolate cookies.
Today I share my triple chocolate cookies which are crispy and chewy. I use white chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips together. They are crispy at the edges but at the same time, you can feel the chewiness there. These cookies are soft and a little bit chewy in the middle.
And now the steps;
How to Make Easy Triple Chocolate Cookies
First, I combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and cornstarch in a medium bowl and set aside.
Then I place the butter in the bowl of my stand mixer and beat with a paddle attachment until it is soft. Next, I add the brown sugar and white sugar and cream until light and fluffy. After butter and sugar are creamed well, I add in the egg and vanilla, mix until totally combined.
During these steps, I stop the machine and scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl with my rubber spatula as needed. Later, I add the flour mixture in 2-3 batches and mix until combined well.
Finally, I add in the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips and mix them evenly. You can mix with a spatula or use your hand.
When the dough is ready, I roll it into 40 gram (2 tablespoons) balls and place them on the baking sheet. I bake at 325°F(165C°) degrees for 7-8 minutes until the cookies slightly set. When you remove the cookies from the oven, the cookies should be too soft to handle.
I let the cookies cool 10 minutes on the baking sheet until they are firm enough. If you remove the cookies when they are set, not too soft and easy to handle, then it means you overbake them.
When the cookies are still hot, I slightly press the puffy cookies with the back of a spoon. I add some chocolate on top to decorate them. I let them cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Baking time may differ from oven to oven so after 8 minutes, you should check the oven to see if it is time to remove the cookies. The cookies should look slightly set. They will be too soft to handle but they will be firm as you keep them on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- These cookies will be puffy when you remove them from the oven. You should gently press the cookies with the back of a spoon to give their nice shape.
(Note: Previously I named these cookies as double chocolate cookies. Today I change its name into triple chocolate cookies as this name will be more appropriate since there is also cocoa in these cookies. If you’ve visited this page before, you should know that the recipe is the same, I only change the name. 🙂 24.12.2017)
If You Are a Chocolate Lover, You May Also Enjoy My Other Recipes!
- Chocolate Cookies with Cocoa Powder
- Peppermint Chocolate Truffles
- Double White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- How to Make Chocolate Ganache
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Candy Bark
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Soft Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 235 g (1 cup and 2/3 cup) all-purpose flour (dip and sweep)*
- 35 g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 170 g (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 150 g (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- 105 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 100 g (3,5 oz) white chocolate chips
- 85 g (3 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F(165C°). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and cornstarch in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Put the butter in a large bowl and beat on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until it is soft with a hand-held mixer or with paddle attachment if using a stand-mixer. Add the brown and white sugar and cream on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and mix well. Then add the vanilla and mix. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Add flour mixture in 3 batches until it is totally incorporated. Stir in the chocolate and mix evenly with a spatula or with your hand.
- Roll the dough into 40 gram (2 tablespoons) balls and place them on the baking sheet. Leave enough space between the balls about 2 inches (5cm).
- Bake for 8 minutes until the cookies slightly set. The cookies should be too soft to handle. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. The cookies will be puffy. Gently press down on the cookies with back of a spoon while they are still hot. Put extra chocolate on cookies to decorate them. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.