These delicious no-bake peanut butter banana oat balls are loaded with chocolate chips. These 4 ingredient snacks are so easy to make, takes only 5 minutes! You can make it completely on the healthy side by using dark chocolate chips or make it vegan by using vegan chocolate.
Today I am sharing peanut butter chocolate chip balls. As I love the combination of peanut butter and banana, I use these two ingredients in these simple snacks. If you love this combo, you should check my delicious frozen banana bites, chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie and peanut butter overnight oats.
This recipe is kid-approved; my niece loves these oat balls with peanut butter, banana and chocolate chips.
The ingredients you’ll need
- Peanut butter-I use natural peanut butter with only peanuts. You can check my how to make healthy peanut butter post if you want to make homemade. If there are some peanut pieces, that’s fine.
- Banana-I use 1 medium ripe banana. It both sweetens these oat balls and goes perfect with peanut butter.
- Oat flour or rolled oats-If you don’t have oat flour, you can ground rolled oats in a blender or food processor. It can have some bigger pieces for this recipe; it doesn’t have to be perfectly grounded. Oat flour brings peanut butter and banana together; it forms a dough. Besides, it keeps you full.
- Chocolate chips-In this recipe I use regular mini chocolate chips. If you want to make this recipe vegan, you should use vegan chocolate. If you want to make this recipe perfectly healthy, you should use dark chocolate.
How to make peanut butter oat balls step by step
First slice the banana into a medium bowl. Then mash with a fork.
Next, add the peanut butter on top, and mix with a fork or a spoon until combined.
Next, add the oat flour and mix with a fork or a spoon to form a dough.
Finally, add the chocolate chips and spread evenly to the mixture. You can use your hands if you like.
I use my 1 and ½ tablespoon cookie scoop to make balls.
First I put them onto the parchment paper and then make the balls.
I like to eat them as they are but if you like to eat firm, you can keep in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge for 1-2 hours depending on how firm you prefer. They taste great either way.
I hope you enjoy this peanut butter oat balls recipe as much as we do!
Other no bake snacks you may enjoy!
- Healthy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- Fig Balls
- Almond Date Balls
- Raisin Balls
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
Peanut Butter Banana Oat Balls
- 250 grams (1 cup) natural peanut butter*
- 100 grams ( 1 cup) oat flour**
- 1 medium (100 grams without peel) ripe banana
- 90 grams (½ cup) chocolate chips***
- Slice the banana into a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the peanut butter and stir with a fork or a spoon until it mixes well.
- Mix in the oat flour and stir with a fork or a spoon until it forms a dough.
- Add in the chocolate chips and evenly spread with a fork/ spoon or you can use your hands to spread.
- Roll the dough into 1 and ½ tablespoons big balls. You can use a cookie scoop. If you eat immediately you can put them into a plate or into a bowl. If you prefer them firm, you can put the balls on to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and keep in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge for 1-2 hours.