You’ll love this soft and moist one bowl chocolate chip banana bread recipe that is delicious and easy to make! This recipe is perfect to use your ripe bananas.
Why you should try this recipe
Today I am using brown sugar and an extra egg in my recipe compared to my original banana bread. Although my simple banana bread is moist enough, today’s recipe is extra moist.
With the addition of chocolate chips, this banana bread goes to another level.
You need only one bowl to make this delicious banana chocolate chip bread.
Ingredients you’ll need
You can find the exact quantities at the bottom of my post, in the recipe card.
- Bananas – I use 3 medium ripe bananas.
- Butter-I use melted butter for moisture.
- Milk-I use it for moisture as well.
- Sugar– I use light brown sugar for extra moisture. If you don’t have brown sugar but have molasses, you can make your homemade brown sugar.
- Eggs-They create structure. I use 2 eggs for extra moisture.
- Vanilla-I use pure vanilla extract for flavor.
- Flour-I use all purpose flour for structure.
- Baking soda-It works as a leavener.
- Chocolate chips– I use only ½ cup of mini chocolate chips and sprinkle a little more to the top.
Step by step instructions
*Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. I only share the products I love. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
First I place the bananas into a large bowl and mash with a pastry cutter. It makes this process very easy and quick. But many times I use a fork too, so you can use either to mash the bananas.
Then I add in the melted butter, milk and sugar. I whisk until just combined.
Next I mix in the egg and the vanilla extract.
I add in the flour and sprinkle baking soda over the flour. Then I gently stir these 2 ingredients slightly with a spoon before combining them with other ingredients.
If you make my recipes for a while you know that I always combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then combine with other ingredients. I simply make this in this one bowl by combining with a spoon as much as I can.
First I use my whisk to combine all ingredients and then use a spoon/spatula.
Finally I fold the mini chocolate chips with a spoon/spatula.
I pour the batter into the parchment paper-lined loaf pan and add 1 extra tablespoon of chocolate chips on top.
Then I bake for almost 45 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
After I remove it from the oven, I let it stay in the pan for 10 minutes before placing it on a wire rack.
I slice the bread with a serrated knife when it completely cools.
Once cooled, you can keep this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days and in the fridge for up to a week.
If you want to freeze, you can cover cooled bread with a plastic film first and then with aluminum foil. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Other Quick Bread/Cake Loaf Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Apple Cake Loaf
- Orange Cake Loaf
- Peach Bread
- Chocolate Loaf Cake
- Marble Loaf Cake
- Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
Simple Recipes with Bananas
- Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Banana Carrot Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Banana Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Balls
- Healthy Banana Smoothie
I love hearing from you! If you try this recipe or my other recipes please leave a comment and give a star rating!
One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 medium (335 grams peeled) ripe bananas
- 75 grams (⅓ cup) unsalted butter*, melted
- 60 grams (¼ cup) milk, room temperature
- 110 grams (½ cup) light brown sugar**
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 210 grams (1 and ½ cup) all purpose flour, dip and sweep
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 90 grams (½ cup) chocolate chips
- 14 grams (1 tablespoon) extra chocolate chips to add on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177°C). Grease 8 ½ * 4 ½ inch (21,5*10,5cm) loaf pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side. If you like, you can grease and flour the pan instead of parchment paper.
- Place the bananas into a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in the melted butter, milk and sugar. Whisk until just combined.
- Mix in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Stir these 2 ingredients slightly with a spoon before combining with all ingredients. Fold the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the parchment paper lined loaf pan and add the extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for almost 45 minutes until the toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Once you remove it from the oven, let it stay in the pan for 10 minutes before placing it on a wire rack. Slice the bread when it completely cools.