You’ll love this egg-free chocolate pudding with cocoa powder that is delicious and easy to make with simple ingredients!
I’ve shared my caramel milk pudding before and today I am sharing its chocolate version. Just like my popular chocolate cookies with cocoa powder, you don’t need chocolate to make this easy chocolate pudding. Cocoa powder makes this pudding very chocolatey just like my chocolate cookies.
This is the best cocoa pudding for me that my mother makes for a long time. This scrumptious pudding is a perfect dessert that you can easily make in almost 10-12 minutes.
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Pudding
- delicious and easy to make
- you’ll make a quick smooth pudding
- if you crave chocolate but don’t have it, this chocolate pudding with cocoa powder will stop your craving
- if you don’t have eggs or allergic to eggs, you can still have a delicious chocolate pudding
Ingredients for Chocolate Pudding
- Cocoa Powder-makes this pudding chocolatey
- Cornstarch-works as a thickener
- Flour-works as a thickener
- Whiskey or cognac, optional but adds a nice flavor
How Long Does Homemade Chocolate Pudding Last?
This homemade chocolate pudding lasts up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
How to Make Easy Chocolate Pudding
First mix cornstarch, flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan.
Next, add the milk and stir well.
Then, take the saucepan to medium heat and whisk continuously for almost 10 minutes until it thickens and starts to boil. When it boils, lower the heat and whisk for extra 2 minutes and take it from the heat. Finally, add the cognac/whiskey if using and whisk well.
Pour the mixture into serving cups. If you pour the pudding into a liquid measuring cup, it will make it easier to divide the pudding into serving cups.
It has a nice dark skin on top which tastes good (it is not same as lemon curd’s skin). So you don’t have to cover the pudding with plastic film. If you prefer you can cover it. You can sprinkle shredded coconut or ground nuts on top if you like.
Let it cool at room temperature. When it cools, you can keep in the fridge to completely set for 2-3 hours before eating. If you like you can enjoy even before as it still tastes so good but remember that it may not properly set.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chocolate pudding!
- You should mix the mixture continuously so your pudding won’t be lumpy.
- While you are mixing, don’t forget to mix also through the edges so you will have a perfect smooth pudding without any lumps.
Other Chocolate Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Peppermint Chocolate Truffles
- Double White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Candy Barks with Nuts
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Chocolate Covered Apple Slices
- Easy Hot Chocolate Recipe
Easy Chocolate Pudding
- 1000 ml (4 and ⅓ cups) milk
- 20 g (2 teaspoons) all-purpose flour
- 21 g (3 tablespoons) cornstarch
- 105 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- 35 g (⅓ cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cognac or whiskey optional
- Place the flour, cornstarch, sugar and cocoa powder into a medium saucepan and stir. Mix in the milk and whisk well.
- Take the saucepan to the medium heat and whisk continuously for almost 10 minutes until the mixture thickens and starts to boil. As it boils, lower the heat and whisk the mixture for an extra 2 minutes to avoid any cornstarch-flour taste. Take the pudding from the heat and add the cognac/whiskey if using and whisk well.
- Pour the pudding into the serving cups and let them cool for 1 hour at room temperature and then keep them in the refrigerator for almost 2 hours.